Motivational Posters - Not just a marketing ploy

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Check these out. Can't get any more motivational or meme like than these. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On

WWII, british government decided to make a series of posters to alert the masses. Great bit of crowd control and keep that stiff uppper lip during all the bombings. Recently (past couple months I believe) they have gained the attention of authors Warren Ellis and Cory Doctorow.



So, with the popularity in the Inventables, the Tinkerers, the Inventors, the Makers and the DIY crowd, comes ...

And then finally for the relaxation phase...

For a daily routine, it's 3 good mantras to follow.

Keep Calm and Carry On - Better than 'when in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!'

Get Excited and Make Things - Better than 'I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Breathe deep and Let Go of Things - This alone, will remind me to stop and be thankful, to center myself when I've had a hectic day of carrying on and making things.


So what does this post have to do with motivational posters, marketing, and crowd control memes? Not much, but it has been a distraction from me doing my 2k words for NaNoWriMo, as I don't have a plan so I'm panicing a little, I'm stressed about the flimsy plot, and the pain in my back reminds me that it's been too long since I've last got the knots out of my back... or gone to yoga. Irony, I've got it. Don't do as I do, do what I meme.

I'm still here,
Pearce Kilgour

0 comments: